Providing a place of healing
This service is now inactive. Thank you for your understanding.
Our HIV/AIDS Ministry provides wellbeing support to and advocates for people living with HIV/AIDS and their loved ones.
This service is available to anyone living with or affected by HIV/AIDS, regardless of religious belief or background.
Access non-judgemental support and advocacy
Having someone to walk with you, shoulder-to-shoulder, along your journey can help you to feel cared for and more empowered to live life to the full.
Being able to share your story with others who understand what you are going through can also help you feel less alone.
Our HIV/AIDS Ministry offers a range of social supports and activities including:
- having someone there to listen or sit silently or pray with you
- connecting you to other supports and services
- helping you through loss and grief
- connecting you with other people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
- weekly group lunches, and special events at Christmas and Easter
- a monthly Mass (every second Tuesday of the month) held at St Francis’ Church, 326 Lonsdale Street (corner of Lonsdale Street and Elizabeth Street), Melbourne
- annual Remembrance Mass
- annual retreat
The Ministry also advocates for people living with HIV/AIDS by conducting community education in schools, parishes and other community group settings.
How do I access this service?
Anyone living with or affected by HIV/AIDS can access this service by contacting our East Melbourne office.
Community service organisations and health professionals can make referrals into the HIV/AIDS Ministry by contacting us.
There is no charge to access this service, however some special events such as the annual retreat may incur a co-contribution.
Read about ending discrimination against people living with HIV/AIDS:
Education the path to zero discrimination
Client Rights and Responsibilities
HIV/AIDS Ministry is no longer active. For more information, please contact our East Melbourne office.
T (03) 9287 5555
You might also be interested in some of the following services offered at CatholicCare Victoria: