Dialog Box

CatholicCare Victoria

Housing Applications

CatholicCare Victoria Housing logomarkCatholicCare Victoria Housing

Learn about different types of housing applications and how to apply.

Access Support Now 

Man in a house smiling at camera.

There are two types of housing applications

When applying for social housing, you will need to complete one of the following applications:

  1. Register of Interest
    For people to register their interest in being considered for social housing. All Victorians who meet the eligibility criteria for Social Housing are able to add their name to the Register.

  2. Priority Access
    For those most in need. The 6 groups include:

    a. Emergency Management Housing – for people whose housing is no longer safe or habitable due to an emergency such as a bushfire or flood

    b. Priority Transfers – for people experiencing safety issues such as family violence

    c. Homeless with Support – for people experiencing homelessness or family violence

    d. Supported Housing – where disability modifications are required

    e. Special Housing Needs – for people living in inappropriate, insecure or unsafe housing

    f. Special Housing Needs 55 years and over – for people living in inappropriate, insecure or unsafe housing aged 55 years and over

If you are not sure which of the above to apply for, please contact our team for support. 

How to apply for CatholicCare Victoria Housing

To apply for CatholicCare Victoria Housing, you must have an active Victorian Housing Register (VHR) application.

This application can be made via:

  • The MyGov website online (by linking HousingVic Online Services to your account)
  • A paper-based application form located on the HousingVIC website which can be completed and posted to:
    Victorian Housing Register – Department of Health and Human Services – HCC
    Reply Paid 933
    Moe VIC 3825

Apply online via MyGovView all application options 

Our CatholicCare Victoria Housing team can assist you to complete or amend your application.

How to make an online housing application
  1. Sign in to myGov (or create a myGov account if you don't have one).
  2. Once you're logged in, go to ‘View and link’ services.
  3. Link ‘HousingVic Online Services’.
  4. Once you open HousingVic Online Services, click on 'My housing'.
  5. Then click on 'Housing application' and follow the steps.

For more details on how to link your myGov account with HousingVic Online Services, visit the housing.vic.gov.au website.

More information

Consumer Affairs Victoria - information on tenancies, leases and consumer rights and responsibilities including ending a lease and evictions. This information is available in different languages.

HousingVIC residential rental agreement - information on your rights and responsibilities. This information is available in different languages.

Tenant Eligibility & Allocations Procedure 

Contact us

To enquire about CatholicCare Victoria Housing please contact our Ballarat FRC office.

(03) 4344 4501

Ballarat FRC


Other services

You might also be interested in some of the following services offered at CatholicCare Victoria: