Dialog Box


Housing Support for the Aged

Long-term support for housing and independent living

Housing Support for the Aged provides long-term support to maintain stable accommodation and independent living.

If you are aged 50 or over, are at risk of losing your Public Housing, or are on the Public Housing waiting list, this program can help you.

Access Support Now 

Elderly man in a home smiling at camera.

We’re here to support your housing and living needs

If you need support to retain your Public Housing, access Public Housing, and maintain independent living, our Housing Support for the Aged program can support you.

Our Support Workers can provide you with assistance to:

  • maintain your current housing
  • locate alternative stable accommodation
  • access health, community care, welfare and social support services through referrals

We work collaboratively with you to assess your capability of maintaining stable accommodation, identify any risks and provide links to appropriate support services as required.

How do I access this service?

Individuals, carers, and family members can access the Housing Support for the Aged program by calling the location listed below.

Community service organisations and health professionals can also make referrals into the Housing Support for the Aged program through Connecting Care or by calling us.


There is no charge to access this service.

This service is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (Victorian State Government).

More information

Client Rights and Responsibilities 

Contact us

The Housing Support for the Aged service is offered at our Ballarat office.
To access or enquire about this service, please contact us:

(03) 5337 8999



Other services

You might also be interested in some of the following services offered at CatholicCare Victoria: