Preparation is the key to answering questions with confidence
Prove to an employer that you’re right for the job. Use these interview questions to prepare and practice your upcoming interview.
There are a range of common questions used in job interviews
Employers will want to get to know you better – this helps them determine whether you’re a right fit for the team, for the organisation, and for the role.
Some common questions they may ask you include:
- Tell me about yourself?
- What do you know about this company?
- How would you add value to our company?
- Give me an example of when you had to solve a problem at work; how did you do it and what was the outcome?
- What is your biggest achievement in life?
- Tell me three main weaknesses you have? (Tip: Turn your weakness into a positive.)
- Why should we hire you?
- How would you work to the mission and values of our organization?
Practice makes perfect
It can be difficult to market yourself and prove to an employer why they should hire you, so it’s important to practice what you’re going to say.
Make sure you prepare to answer questions about yourself by:
- researching some examples of good answers
- getting friends or family to ask you the questions above, plus any other questions which you think are relevant for the job
The more you practice the easier it becomes, and the more natural you’ll sound!
This in turn will allow you to feel more confident before and during a job interview.
Discover other helpful tips and guides for job seekers:
Interview Tips More Resources
You might also be interested in some of the following services offered at CatholicCare Victoria: