Training opportunities for students
CatholicCare Victoria is committed to building community capacity through education.
Every year we contribute to training students, and creating employment opportunities that flow from fieldwork experiences.
We have currently reached capacity for Student Placements. Please check again in March 2024 for available student placement opportunities.
Students from a range of tertiary courses can apply
CatholicCare Victoria offers students the opportunity to develop as new practitioners. We are best placed to offer training opportunities to university students who are studying:
- Masters or Doctorate of Psychology
- Final year of Social Work
- Masters of Family Dispute Resolution
- Masters of Counselling
- Tertiary Welfare course for non-counselling placements
- Degree or Masters in Communications and Marketing/ Media
Students may find placement in a range of our services involving counselling, school counselling, social work, advocacy work, services for youth, communications and more.
We welcome students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, as well as culturally diverse backgrounds, regardless of religious beliefs.
Our commitment to students
CatholicCare Victoria are committed to providing:
- high quality supervision
- practice opportunities which are appropriate to the learning needs and stage of development of the student
- experience of the professional work environment and where possible and appropriate, in the activities and processes of the organisation.
Students are required to complete an induction process and adhere to all procedures of CatholicCare Victoria.
All students and interns are also required to undergo a National Police Records Check and a Working with Children Check prior to their placement with us.
Student placement enquiries
Thank you for your interest in Student Placements with CatholicCare Victoria.
We have currently reached capacity for Student Placements. Please check our website in March 2024 for an update on opportunities.
You might also be interested in: