Case Manager, Adoptions and Permanent Care
75 hours per fortnight, continuing position
Sunday 21 August 2022
Renu Barnes | Manager, Adoption and Permanent Care
T (03) 9689 3888 | E email@example.com
The Adoption and Permanent Care Program is Victoria’s only state-wide service that assists parents who are considering placing their child for adoption, or who are required to place their child in permanent care. We also assist families who are seeking to become adoptive and permanent care parents.
Our services are child-focused and aim to meet every child’s needs in the best possible way. We have an Adoption Information Service providing information about past adoptions arranged by our agency.
This position will provide a State-Wide full case management service to adoptive persons, infants and children who require placement through adoption or permanent care; including counselling and support for their biological families, and recruitment, training and assessment of potential caregiver applicants.
The position will organise and facilitate linking and transition processes for placements and to supervise and support caregivers and children in placement. As well as provide information, search and counselling services to adoptees, adoptive parents, biological parents and relatives.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- providing Adoption Information Services to people seeking information in relation to past adoptions
- undertaking detailed assessment, report writing and presentation of adoptive and permanent care applicants to an Accreditation Panel
- planning and facilitating introduction of a child into a new family, supervise and support the placement as required
- providing detailed clear and precise professional reports to the DFFH and attend the Children’s Court as required
- liaising with the Department of Justice Community Services, and Department of Families, Fairness and Housing personnel and other stakeholder agencies in relation to case management
To be considered for this position, applicants require:
- relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in Social Work, Psychology, or other similar related discipline
- demonstrated track record and excellent skills in case management, assessment, counselling, and working with vulnerable infants, children, young people and their families/carers. Understanding of Permanent Care, and Adoption, as well as trauma, attachment and bonding
- demonstrated ability to articulate and integrate theories of child development, attachment, loss and grief in relation to permanency planning for children
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all CatholicCare Victoria workers to be fully vaccinated and for specific positions, boosted, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the Pandemic (Workplace) Order 2022. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with the requirements.
Download Position DescriptionHow to ApplyApply Now
< Back to current employment opportunities