Education and Vocation Specialist
15 hours per fortnight, continuing position
Sunday 4 December 2022
Benita Marson | Senior Manager, Care Services
T (03) 5337 8937 | E email@example.com
CatholicCare Victoria is excited to be implementing the new Therapeutic Residential Care Model in the Wimmera and Central Highlands. This role provides an excellent opportunity to shape the Education/Vocational opportunities and support provided to young people in our trauma informed therapeutic model of care.
Working within the Therapeutic Residential Care program you will provide care and support to young people aged 12 to 18 years, who are referred through the Child Protection system.
As an integral part of the core team, you will provide quality care for young people using trauma informed, child centred, family focused therapeutic interventions. Young people residing in the care home have often experienced complex trauma, which can impact on their ability to engage in education, training and employment opportunities.
In collaboration with the young person and their care team you will provide tailored support to each young person based on thorough assessment of the young person’s needs, aspirations and wishes in relation to education, training and employment.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- working with the broader educational and vocational service system to support the child or young person
- working with the child or young person to improve engagement and attendance at school or vocational opportunities to improve educational outcomes
- working with the young person to identify vocational pathways
Learn what it's like to work as part of our Residential Care program.
To be considered for this position, applicants require:
- a degree qualification in education, training or teaching is required
- demonstrated ability to develop education/vocational/employment needs assessment and response planning for young people is highly regarded
- demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively and with the capacity to negotiate and liaise with the education, vocational and training organisation to advocate for improved client outcomes
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of complex trauma
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all CatholicCare Victoria workers to be fully vaccinated and for specific positions, boosted, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the Pandemic (Workplace) Order 2022. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with the requirements.
Download Position DescriptionHow to ApplyApply Now
< Back to current employment opportunities