Community Liaison Worker
30 hours per fortnight, continuing position
Sunday, 24 September 2023
Domenic Vigilanti | Acting Senior Manager, Counselling and Relationship Services
T 0407 398 801 | E firstname.lastname@example.org
CatholicCare Victoria has entered a Service Level Agreement with Foundation House Victoria for the delivery of community liaison and capacity building for refugees and asylum seekers across the Mallee catchment, including the key townships of Mildura, Swan Hill and Robinvale.
The Community Liaison Worker role links with the Trauma and Torture Counselling Advocacy service which is incorporated into the CatholicCare Victoria Counselling and Relationship Services stream, where the aim is to ensure the wellbeing of all family members by minimising the impact of stress, trauma, change and isolation.
The role requires a high degree of flexibility and enthusiasm for implementing culturally appropriate ways of engaging with refugee communities and delivering outcomes for its members. The work involves regular travel across the Mallee to engage with refugee communities and other service providers.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- Developing partnerships between CatholicCare Victoria and refugee-background communities across the Mallee, in response to family, mental health and wellbeing and re-settlement related issues.
- Engaging with women, men, young people, and older people in the community and influencers/connectors in refugee-background communities to scope and identify the challenges community members are facing around family, mental health and wellbeing issues and re-settlement related issues.
- Supporting the development of two advisory groups of both formal and informal community leaders from refugee-background communities in the Mallee region to work in partnership with CatholicCare Victoria.
To be considered for this position, applicants require:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a community development or related health and human services discipline is desirable, and/or demonstrated experience in the sector.
- Experience or capability in working with refugee and asylum seekers and their families within the social services sector.
- Demonstrated experience in working with families experiencing trauma and isolation from their community which may result in significant social disadvantage.
As a condition of employment, CatholicCare Victoria as an employer will collect, record and store vaccination information on employees where required in line with the Privacy Act. All CatholicCare Victoria workers are to be fully vaccinated (boosted), unless they are an Excepted Person for medical reasons. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement. This means that successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status to CatholicCare Victoria prior to commencement of employment.
Download Position DescriptionHow to ApplyApply Now
< Back to current employment opportunities