Manager, Family Services and Kinship Care
75 hours per fortnight, continuing position
Sunday 29 May 2022
Louise Quigley | Senior Manager, Family Services
T 0428 096 560 | E email@example.com
CatholicCare Victoria’s Family Services provides comprehensive, client focused services for individuals (children, youth and adults), couples and families. Our services are informed by an approach that values human dignity and the belief that positive relationships lead to positive lives and wellbeing.
The service design aims to ensure that our programs are inclusive, respond to the needs of people, and operate at the highest levels of quality and professionalism. CatholicCare Victoria aims to address present and changing needs of our clients, advocate for strengthened access and equity and deliver creative and flexible services. Services are integrated and strengths based.
This management portfolio has current portfolio responsibilities for the following programs.
Integrated Family Services (IFS) Northern – Mildura Office Base -This case management service is delivered in partnership with the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH), Orange Door, Child First and local family service alliances and programs.
Kinship Care Program – Northern – Mildura and Swan Hill Office Bases – This case management program provides temporary, short term or long term out-of-home care services for children and young people who are unable to live with their families due to issues of abuse, neglect, or family complexity with a known carer through a familial relationship or social network. Kinship care services are offered through both mainstream and Aboriginal community-controlled organisations and comprise of three components of service delivery.
The position has operational responsibility for the Family Services program to ensure quality, viability, innovation and growth in service delivery and professional practice across CatholicCare Victoria.
The Manager will work collaboratively with other Managers to ensure that a cohesive team delivers the best and most consistent results for our clients across CatholicCare Victoria.
Specifically, the position is responsible for:
- managing and coaching direct reports to support them in achieving their goals
- developing, maintaining and enhancing local relationships, alliances, networks and partnerships with agencies, parishes, government and business at local, community and regional levels
- identifying and providing input for the development and submission of funding proposals and tenders
- implementing and supporting operational/business plans for the program
To be considered for this position, applicants require:
- relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or Community Development or similar related discipline
- post graduate qualifications desirable
- demonstrated experience in managing people in human services programs
- demonstrated knowledge of program budget development and monitoring
- demonstrated capacity to build and maintain effective relationships with broad range of stakeholders
- demonstrated understanding of relevant legislative requirements and funding body frameworks and guidelines
- demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a key member of operational teams
- demonstrated awareness of the role of a faith-based organisation committed to diversity and inclusion of all clients, communities, staff and volunteers
- demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Directions from Victoria’s Chief Health Officer require all CatholicCare Victoria workers to be fully vaccinated, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Download Position DescriptionHow to ApplyApply Now
< Back to current employment opportunities