Dialog Box

CatholicCare Victoria

Feedback and Complaints

We welcome your compliments, complaints and suggestions and will use what you tell us to review how we work so that we can improve our services.

We encourage you, our clients, members of the community, donors, and partners, to tell us about your experience with us. Everyone is welcome to provide feedback!  

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on any aspect of our services, programs, policy or procedures.  

How to give feedback

You can tell us in person, email us, write a letter or fill out the form below. You are welcome to invite someone to assist you.

Alternatively, you can call the CatholicCare office nearest to you and ask to speak with a staff member from the service you use or the Manager. 

Feedback Form

Please note: any compliment, complaint or suggestion you provide about the quality of the service you receive will not adversely affect our commitment to providing a service to you or your family.

How we respond to your feedback

We respond to all feedback and treat it confidentially. Complaints will be assessed and resolved wherever possible within 7 working days.  We will always try and resolve any complaint as quickly and fairly as possible. If there is a delay you will be kept up-to-date with the progress. 

How we protect your confidentiality

All information concerned with your feedback is maintained securely. We do not keep feedback in individual client files.

Independent Complaints Advice

We encourage any person that has a complaint to raise it with us in the first instance. We understand though that at times you may wish to take a complaint to an independent body. It is your right to seek independent advice and support and the following independent agencies may be able to assist.

Victorian Ombudsman

The Ombudsman can enquire into and investigate complaints made regarding the actions of a registered community service. This can include such services as residential care units, home-based care, family support and specialist services.

Phone: (03) 9613 6222
Email: ombudvic@ombudsman.vic.gov.au
Web: www.ombudsman.vic.gov.au

Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection

Members of the public may make a complaint to the Commisioner for Privacy Commissioner if they believe that a Victorian Government agency, a local council or an agency providing services for the State has breached their privacy.

Phone: 1300 666 444
Email: privacy@cpdp.vic.gov.au
Web: www.cpdp.vic.gov.au     

Health Commissioner

In Victoria, individuals have a right to access their health information and to make complaints about Health Service Providers. The Health Services Commissioner (HSC) is an independent statutory authority established to receive and resolve complaints about health service providers. HSC also handles complaints about disclosure of health information and access to health information. 

Phone: 1300 582 113
Email: hsc@health.vic.gov.au
Write to: Health Services Commissioner
Level 26, 570 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000      

Commission for Children and Young People

The Office of the Child Safety Commissioner does not investigate complaints concerning individual children and young people in out-of-home care. They can refer complaints to the Department of Human Services and provide advice to people with concerns for the wellbeing of children and young people in Out-of-Home Care.

Phone: 1300 78 29 78
Email: childsafe@ocsc.vic.gov.au
Web: www.ccyp.vic.gov.au