What is the National Redress Scheme?
The National Redress Scheme provides support to people who have experienced institutional child sexual abuse. The National Redress Scheme was created in response to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. To learn more, visit the National Redress Scheme website here: https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/about
Is CatholicCare Victoria a participating institution of the National Redress Scheme?
CatholicCare Victoria operates as the social service agency of the four Catholic Dioceses in Victoria. These Dioceses are participating institutions of the National Redress Scheme, and are listed on the National Redress Scheme website as members: https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions/joined-scheme/vic
How can I access support?
We encourage all survivors of child sexual abuse to make contact with the Scheme and to access support. Please visit the National Redress Scheme website for contact details and more information on supports they provide: https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/support
See below for a range of other counselling and chat supports available:
- Lifeline | For 24-hour crisis support, call 13 11 14. Text and online chat are also available.
- MensLine Australia | For 24-hour crisis support, call 1300 78 99 78 or access their online chat.
- Suicide Call Back Service | For 24-hour crisis support, call 1300 659 467.
- Beyond Blue | Call 1300 22 4636 for a counsellor. Or access 24-hour crisis support through online chat.
- CatholicCare Victoria | To book a counselling session, call our head office on (03) 5337 8999.