Financial & material aid for struggling families and individuals
Emergency Relief provides free financial and/or material aid for struggling families and individuals.
Emergency Relief can be accessed by anyone in Victoria living in the listed service areas below, who are experiencing a financial crisis which has left them unable to pay for necessities such as food.
Access Support now
Free support for struggling Victorians
Emergency Relief provides financial or material aid to assist people experiencing financial hardship resulting from their current life situation or an unexpected crisis event - including the COVID-19 pandemic.
CatholicCare Victoria is able to pay bills online, send vouchers via Express Post, or email e-vouchers depending on the needs of you and/or your family.
We also provide referrals to other more intensive supports such as financial counselling, help with mental health wellbeing, loss and grief, and alcohol and other drug support.
We offer confidential, non-judgemental support to maintain the dignity of individuals and families.
Who can access support?
Emergency Relief can be accessed by anyone who:
- is experiencing a financial crisis, which has left them unable to pay for necessities such as food
- is at imminent risk of not being able to pay bills or purchase other necessities
- is living in Victoria in one of the following suburbs or towns: Ballarat, Bendigo, Broadmeadows, East Melbourne, Epping, Footscray, Geelong, Kyneton, Melton, Norlane, Warragul, and Warrnambool.
If you live in a different suburb or town, search the Australian Government website below to find your local Emergency Relief provider:
Search emergency relief providers
How do I access this service?
A phone appointment must be made to access Emergency Relief.
To make an appointment, please call (03) 9287 5512 from Monday to Friday between 9:30am – 11:30am.
When you call, please make sure that you have with you:
- some form of personal identification
- any paperwork / bills that you require support with
Community service organisations can also make referrals into the Emergency Relief service by calling (03) 9287 5512.
- voicemail messages cannot be left outside 9:30am – 11:30am weekdays.
- no walk-ins are accepted - Emergency Relief is only accessible via phone call.
- our Emergency Relief service is not available on weekends.
There is no charge to access this service.
CatholicCare Victoria, as part of CatholicCare Victoria Tasmania (CCVT), provides Emergency Relief across the state. CatholicCare Victoria Tasmania has been funded by the Federal Department of Social Services to provide Emergency Relief services.
Download the flyer
Client Rights and Responsibilities Emergency relief at catholiccare Tasmania
You might also be interested in some of the following services offered at CatholicCare Victoria: