Dialog Box

CatholicCare Victoria

Family Relationship Centre

Information and support for separated families

Our Family Relationship Centres provide a range of services to support families experiencing relationship issues, in particular separation or divorce.

We provide information, mediation and referrals to help separated or separating parents make decisions in the best interests of their children.

Access Support Now 

Young child looking at a paper cut-out of parents holding their child's hands.

Support for you and your children during family separation

Divorce, separation or family breakdown can be difficult and stressful for everyone involved.

Accessing support can help to reduce stress and conflict, and ensure that your children are well supported during this difficult time.

We offer general information and specialised support for separating or separated families, including:

  • child-focused information sessions, groups and seminars for separated parents
  • information, advice and referrals for relationship issues during and after separation
  • legal information from external legal services
  • links to more support options in your region

Access a range of programs to support your family’s needs

CatholicCare Victoria is co-located with three Family Relationship Centres across Victoria. This enables us to provide a range of services and support to families in need.

Our Family Relationship Centres are funded by the Australian Government to run Family Dispute Resolution and Property Dispute Resolution to support separated and separating families.

Family Dispute Resolution (FDR), also known as mediation, helps separating/separated parents to resolve disputes relating to their children’s welfare, without the need to go to court. Resolving issues through mediation also reduces the conflict that children experience.

Property Dispute Resolution (PDR) assists separated couples and families to negotiate the division of property and finances.

How do I access these services?

Families and parents can access services at our Family Relationship Centres by calling one of our locations below.

Community service organisations and health professionals can make referrals into our Family Relationship Centre programs by contacting us.


Our Family Relationship Centre services are subsidised by the Commonwealth Government Department of Social Services. 

We can provide information, referrals and some services free of charge - some services require and a means-tested co-contribution. We will discuss fees with you upfront prior to commencing sessions with us.

Concession cardholders, Health Care cardholders and students are exempt from paying fees.

At CatholicCare Victoria we believe everyone should be able to access support for a better life. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we can discuss payment options for you.

More information 

Client Rights and Responsibilities Child Safety at CatholicCare 

Contact us

Family Relationship Centre services are offered at the following locations.
(Outreach FRC services are offered in Bendigo and Horsham).
To make a booking or enquire about services offered, please select your nearest office.

Ballarat FRCBendigoGeelong FRCHorshamShepparton FRC


Other services

You might also be interested in some of the following services offered at CatholicCare Victoria: